Translate

Friday, January 19, 2018

back in Dominican Republic

I was so relieved to cross the border back into the Dominican Republic.  This is when we got our food on the bus, our drinks and WIFI.  There was a bit of traffic getting into the capital city, but I didn't mind.  I was back in a country where I could communicate on my own and travel by myself without any fear.  It was so great to see my friends again.  We played Uno the first night and it was so funny how competitive the game became.  I never heard so much trash talk while playing cards, it was great!  The next day, I went with my friend to a whole other part of the city and it only cost 15 pesos!! What a bargain!  Then we went to a mall and chilled while it rained most of the afternoon.  While looking at my guidebook, it mentioned that the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo was a great area.  I decided to check it out.  Since I went by myself, I didn't want to show that I had much stuff with me, so I wasn't able to take that many photos.  However, I have to say that the Colonial Zone reminded me of Cuba and it was the best area in Santo Domingo.  There were lots of interesting things to see and it was so picturesque.  If you ever get to the Dominican Republic, you MUST go to the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo!  The next day I took the bus early in the morning to make sure that I could enjoy the beach.  I was able to meet up with a friend I met the first time I was in Punta Cana. It was a relaxing day to be at the beach.  While relaxing I decided to take a dip while my friend took a nap.  The area of water that I entered happened to be in the middle of a game.  I was suddenly included and it was fun.  Canadians are always so friendly and welcoming no matter where they are in the world.  After the game they even bought my friend and I a drink.  Oh course I needed to get their photos. 

playing Uno
someone wasn't good at losing, haha!
cool display made from random stuff
in the colonial zone
best area by FAAAR in Santo Domingo hands down!
some cool artwork
Japan
ok, now this is a BEACH and FREE to go to
only annoying thing was the algae
Canada
Canada
Canada
Canada  8665
the "crew"
some cool acrobats
nice tricks
nice outfits
ok last pic, haha




1 comment:

  1. I like very much the Dominican Republic. I went there after my Jewish tours in Buenos Aires , yes, a long season.

    ReplyDelete