Translate

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Sendai, Japan

I had a couple of days off in the middle of the week, so I decided that I should check out a city that I have never been to before.  I decided to go to Sendai.  It was a 7 hour bus ride from Shinjuku bus terminal until Sendai station.  The bus was very comfortable, but didn't have wifi.  I was a bit shocked by that.  
However, I had a wonderful time in Sendai.  I checked out Yamadera and Matsushima while I was there.   I even went inside the 6th tallest statue in the world, Sendai Daikannon.  It stands at 100 meters.  It was very impressive!  Until next time Sendai!


view overlooking the city
the giant statue in the distance
nice red leaves
remains of the samurai castle
yellow leaves
a temple near the castle
samurai armor
nice red bridge
Japan
Japan   9200
awesome red leaves
red leaves with the red gate
had to get me in the mix
a shrine
notice the shape of the thatched roof
inside the giant statue
view looking up
about to go up the elevator
the "top floor"
view from the statue
you can see all of the city
view looking down
so many arms
many heads and arms
fire hair?
layout of the statue

No comments:

Post a Comment