Translate

Saturday, August 31, 2024

Lunch with my Uncle

First full day in Tokyo and I knew I had to make plans with my uncle sooner than later.  My uncle was hesitant to go anywhere because of the storm warnings, but I had to tell him that it wasn't raining at all in Tokyo.  He finally agreed that it would be ok to go to lunch, so Leos and I made our way to his house in Chiba.  It was nice to see my grandma's house again.  We took photos in front of the house and then made our way to lunch.  I really wanted tempura, we that's what he had for lunch.  It was so good!! After lunch we went to my friend's father's house to say hi and have a quick chat.  It was nice to catch up again.  Then we walked to the train station to go back to Tokyo, but came across a mini bamboo forest near my uncle's place. We missed the bamboo forest in Kyoto, so at least we had something. The mosquitos were quite bad so we couldn't stay that long.  Then we went to Akihabara to walk around a bit.  Next we walked to Ueno and had dinner at my favorite chicken place.  It was a great first day in Tokyo. 


                                                     the house I spent MANY summers in
                                                              Leos ordered a BIG meal

                                                                delicious lunch
                                                                    with my friend's dad









                                                                    BEST fried chicken






                                                                        mochi ice cream
                                                                    Tsudanuma Station

                                                                     Ikebukuro



                                                                    I won 3 fries, haha













No comments:

Post a Comment