Translate

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Kawagoe

My friend and I went to Kawagoe 2 weeks ago and a man at the train station told me that I needed to come back on the weekend of the 19th and 20th because there was going to be a big festival that has been going on for over 360 years!!!  With that in mind, I knew I HAD to come back.  While walking around my friend and I met the most amazing people.  I had them wear my glasses and next thing I knew we were drinking sake with them, got a scarf with their town name, ate traditional food with them, got to wear a yukata, was invited into 2 different homes, and was part of the parade with their mountain car! Such an amazing day.  Thank you to everyone who participated and those who made it such a wonderful day.  Thanks for being such a great tour guide and friend.  Your generosity and kindness today was very much appreciated!  Domo Arigato!!!!!
this is how the awesome day started

Japan   2920

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan (i had to wear his glasses!)   2930
Japan

Me

Japan

Japan (judo champion of japan)

Japan (already pictured-great guide)

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan    2940

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan    2946

No comments:

Post a Comment