Translate

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Beautiful Hakone

I really wanted to go to Hakone this fall, but I kept putting it off.  Luckily someone else wanted to go, so it gave me the extra push to go.  Unfortunately it was a very windy day, so the ropeway and the ship were closed.  However, it was a beautiful day and I got to see Mt. Fuji really well.  I also was able to buy the famous eggs from there.  I actually got the smoked eggs and they were delicious!  The views were really nice and I even had time to go to an onsen.  At the end of the day I had a cinnamon Tofu Shake and it was pretty good and VERY VERY filling!  It was a great day despite the fact that I couldn't do everything that I wanted to.   (The first photo is in Shibuya for their Hello Kitty Illumination at Hachiko.)

Spain 8617
omurice, its been a while since I've had it
Japan
nice lighting
nice bridge
travel buddies
such a HUGE gate
USA  8619
cool view
Hakone Shrine
so red
don't normally see a Japanese flag in front of a shrine
the "modern" part
cool fountain
up close
mini shrine
love this view!!
5 minutes later mt. fuji was behind the clouds
gold in the matcha latte
onsen....sooo nice!
shower area of the onsen
front of the onsen...with the hakone free pass you can get a discount
lanterns leading to the onsen from the street
this onsen is next to Hakone Yumoto Station
cinnamon tofu shake..delicious!
mango tofu shake, cinnamon tofu shake and tofu waffle

No comments:

Post a Comment