Translate

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Petrin Challenge

Leoš and I were walking in Petrin when he saw on his phone that the Czech army was having an event where people can race up the top of the tower to see how fast they could do it.  I thought it would be a fun thing to do.  Plus, I haven't been up Petrin in my adult life, so I thought it would also be a great way to go the tower for free. Leoš already had plans with a friend, so he had to leave.  I decided that I would still do the challenge by myself. I got in line, but soon realized I was in the tourist line (which was the wrong line to be in).  I went inside to the ticket office and asked about the army challenge.  I found the correct table and signed up.  I was the LAST person for the time slot.  There was a mother and daughter in front of me that told me they wanted to go up as slow as possible, so if wanted to run up I should go in front of them.  I left my stuff with the army guys at the bottom, so I would have an easier time running up the tower.  I ran up very quickly to the half way mark.  However, for the first section I went up way too fast. I lost speed and had to walk some part up the tower.  I finally got to the top and I thought I was going to die.  I didn't have water with me and I was thirsty even before running up the tower.  I managed though and I even managed to get up the tower in under 2 minutes!!!! My final time was 1:58.  I have no idea how I was able to do it, but I did.  It was a great challenge!!  I met up with my friend after I was done and told her to bring me some water. I finished almost all of it in one go.  I managed to get something to eat and then we went for burcak and dessert.


                                                                  autumn is here
                                                          wrong line I was standing in

                                                               under 2 minutes!!


                                                            tired and happy with my time


                                                     had to get a picture with a soldier

                                                                  still quite tired


                                                   hot dog from a smash burger place

                                              picture of me taking the above picture
                                                        burcak wasn't the best......

No comments:

Post a Comment