Translate

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Bari and Monopoli Italy

I decided to go to the Italy at the very last minute.  I don't think I have ever bought airline tickets 2 days before flying, but it was a really good decision! The weather was so much hotter than in the Czech Republic.  By chance the Pope was in Bari the same time I was (July 7th). It was really cool to see him and I was even able to get a free hat that included the date, the city and event name. I wouldn't go out of my way to see him, but since he was in the city I decided that I should.  The food was absolutely amazing in Italy.   The restaurant that I went to for dinner 3 nights out of the 5 nights I was there was called Rustico.  The dinner deal was absolutely fantastic.  It came out to just 5 euros per person.  It included a drink (beer, wine, orange soda, or pepsi) an all you can eat appetizer plate that included mussels (that were delicious), cuts of meats and cheese, bread, olives, a special dough snack, pizza of your choice, lemon gelato and lemoncello.  If you are going to Bari, you must go to this restaurant! Also if you are staying in Bari, it is better to stay north of the train station.  The south doesn't really have anything special in it.  I didn't get anyone to wear my glasses during the trip, but I have a photo of myself wearing the glasses the day I saw the Pope.  Bari, Italy is a place I would definitely go to again! (The photos are not in order and are mixed between the different places I went to.)

Monopoli
small alley to a church
colorful lights
gateway to water
chilling by the water
im actually taller than the door!
streets
turquoise water
delicious homemade spaghetti with clams
the Pope!
Polignano a Mare
sporting my glasses with the free hat!
drinking espresso in Italy (i don't drink coffee, but had to in Italy)
salt crystals
beach in Monopoli
nice waters
relaxing
someone speaking before the Pope
there he is
all the people that came out to see him
about to get in his car
people are happy
he was in the van without any protective glass

No comments:

Post a Comment