Translate

Monday, July 30, 2018

Walking Around Historical Sights (Athens, Greece)

When my friend and I got back to Athens, we decided to get the 5 day pass to see all the historical sights in Athens.  Sights that were included in the pass were the following:  Acropolis and slopes, Ancient Agora, Hadrian's Library (closes at 3pm so I never made it in), Kerameiko's, Aristotle's School (Lykeion(would not recommend seeing this because it's out of the way and nothing much to see at all)), Olympieion, and Roman Agora.  The pass is 30 euros for adults, 15 for students.  You can not go to a sight more than once.  It was so very hot in Athens, but since I had never been there before I wanted to see EVERYTHING!!  My friend and I walked a lot on the first day of seeing the sights.  It was so hot and tiring that my friend said she would have to pass on sight seeing the next day.  Luckily when I started my day at Kerameikos I asked a girl from Brazil to take a photo for me and we ended up spending the day together sight seeing.  It was a super tiring day because we went everywhere and for the sunset we went up a very tall hill.  We went up so many steps and slopes that I felt like I had taken a shower I was sweating so much.  However, the sunset was great and it was worth the effort.  The next day my friend and I left Athens.  I flew to Budapest and she flew to Paris.  I almost forgot to take her photo wearing my glasses, so I had to take it at the airport! Thanks for a great week Taña!!!  It was our forth continent together!


theater
beautiful view
blue skies
gorgeous
sun beaming through
I'm so small compared to it
different angle
view of Athens
Greek flag
in Acropolis
traveling for a week together in Greece
cool pillars
another incredible building
a smaller theater
nice statue
arch
soooo big!
breath taking
in ancient agora
cheese!
wild tortoise
walking around
so hot in the middle of the day
looks like a picture
Brazil
impressive
Acropolis in the distance
USA 8992

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Amazing photos! I'm going to Athens on May, but I will there for only 2 days, so a 5 day pass is not for me. I think I would prefer a guided Athens tour to see as much as i can. I found this https://www.discovergreekculture.com/tours/classical-athens-classically-greek/ which includes food tasting!

    ReplyDelete