Translate

Monday, November 11, 2019

Cooking Club Prague Anniversary Event (Prague, CZ)

This past Sunday was the second anniversary for Cooking Club Prague.  The organizing committee  had to do a lot to prepare for it.  The founder, Kiky, did so much to make the event a huge success.  We were able to collect around 70kg of food which is equivalent to 300 meals.  I remember as a child we would have food drives at my school every November (because of Thanksgiving at the end of the month), so I came up with the idea for the food drive and it was worked out great!  Everyone brought such delicious dishes.  I was stuffed to the max and wasn't able to try everything.  I only decided the night before what I was going to make.  I heard that the previous year there were too many sweets and not enough savory dishes, so I waited until we had the list of what everyone was going to make. This year was opposite and there were so many more savory dishes than desserts, so I decided to make Brigadeiro, which is a Brazilian sweet.  While living in Chile my best friend was from Brazil and she taught me how to make them.  They were all eaten up which made me very happy because then I got to use the container to fill it up with other food to take home.  Thanks to all the sponsors for the numerous gifts that they provided for the event.  I was able to win a lot of great things.  I was on a dream team, RUBI (Romania, USA, Bangladesh, India), for the taste testing game.  In the final round we got everything correct!!!  Also I think everyone enjoyed the Kahoot game that I made because everyone got to be involved.  We forgot a couple things like a group picture and the anniversary cake, but overall it was a huge success.  Looking forward to the next event.  Thanks everyone!!!

the savory set up
the other half of the savory set up
dessert table
the set up







we forgot to take a group picture!
presentation from the food bank
Indonesia
Italy
Italy
lunch time!
Indonesian dance
great performance
Czech Republic 9900
Indonesia
winners for my Kahoot game
Cameroon
USA
cooking lesson
delicious!
Romania
Czech Republic
actually got to sit down for a little bit
taste testing game
the opponents
Romania
Indonesia
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
France   9910
India

Cambodia

No comments:

Post a Comment