Translate

Friday, March 19, 2021

DearMoon Project (Going to the Moon)

On March 3rd I happened to be randomly looking at articles my phone had recommended me.  I came across an article stating that Yusaku Maezawa, a Japanese Billionaire, was looking for 8 crew members on his mission to the moon.  I remember a couple of years ago I heard he was looking for a life partner to join him.  I had no idea that he changed the concept of the trip and was inviting artists from all over the world to join him. I couldn't believe what I was reading.  I knew straight away that I needed to register.  I have been working on my blog for over eight years and have looked through my glasses on all the continents on Earth.  I need to be able to look through them in space and experience the view of the Earth rise while wearing the glasses.  They have been on over 10,000 different people from all walks of life.  I have been able to meet so many amazing people because of them.  They give me an opportunity to talk to people about the project and bring people together.  One memorable experience was the time I met professional Ozeki Sumo Wrestler Tochinoshin.  I recognized him at a salsa club and when he left, I ran after him.  I asked him what language he preferred me to speak to him, English or Japanese and he told me Japanese.  I explained to him about my blog and asked if he could wear the glasses, he politely refused two times.  Then I asked him where he was from, he said Georgia (the country).  Luck may it be, I actually lived in Georgia and learned a bit of Georgian.  So I spoke to him in a bit of Georgian and IMMEDIATELY he took the glasses from me and put them on for me to take his photo.  It showed me that if you have the power to connect with someone in their language you can have an instant connection.  His whole demeanor changed and it was like we were friends.  Connecting with people is so important and I believe that I have been able to do that everywhere I have lived: USA, South Africa, South Korea, Japan, Georgia, Australia, Chile, and Czech Republic.  I have a lot of students that I would love to inspire and show them that anything is possible.  Sometimes people assume that my father moved around a lot when I was a child in order for me to live in so many places. Nope.  I made the decision as an adult to go out and do it.  (But of course it helped that my parents helped me with my Czech citizenship and encouraged me to do what I want as long as I could financially support myself)  I wanted to live on all the livable continents, did it.   I wanted to visit all the continents, did it.  I wanted to visit 100 countries, did it.  Now I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to the moon, LET'S DO THIS!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment