Translate

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Berlin Day 1

I had a Flixbus voucher that I needed to use, so we decided to go to Berlin for the weekend.  We left on Thursday morning and arrived just after lunch time.  As soon as we got to Berlin, we needed to take the train to get to our accommodation.  When we got on the train, a worker for the train was giving away free comics in German.  At first I didn't take one, but then I realized I have several students studying German so I took a few for them.  After dropping our bags off we went to the center to just wander around. We went to the Ritter Sport store so I could buy some chocolate and then we found ourselves near Check Point Charlie.  I figured that the best way to see Berlin properly was to book a walking tour, so that's what I decided I should do for the next 2 days.

                                                            Halloween stuff I bought
                                                                blood moon apples
                                                                cookies my students made
                                                                        passing by Dresden

                                                                photo in the Ritter Sport store
                                                             bought lots of chocolate gifts
                                                                    found my name
                                                                place where we ate dinner



                                                           pieces of the Berlin Wall for sale
                                                                some remains of the wall

                                                            masked bear at the US Embassy











No comments:

Post a Comment