Translate

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Festival of Embassies

The Festival of Embassies was an AWESOME event.  Somehow Leoš came across the details for the event.  There were around 48 different embassies represented at the event.  We had the opportunity to try lots of different foods from countries we haven't been to yet.  There was also an area for the Prague airport. I saw that there was a geography quiz competition and I wanted to see how I would do.  I was given cities to put on the map in a minute.  I was able to properly put all the cities on the map so I won a laptop bag.  Leoš saw a QR code for a quiz and tried it.  A few days later he was notified that he got 3rd place and won 1000czk for a restaurant in the airport (1st place was a free trip to Portugal...oh well!)  At the stand for Thailand you were able to win a free massage if you answered a question correctly.  Of course I decided to try it out and I got the question correct, so I got a free massage. Then we watched some performances from the main stage which were quite nice.  All stands were selling food and souvenirs, but the stand from Saudi Arabia was giving out food and drinks for FREE!!  We had quite a nice meal from their stand and I got to try Arabic coffee for the first time which wasn't as strong as I thought it would be.  I truly enjoyed the event and am looking forward to future events!  I definitely recommend everyone checking out this event!

                                                           laptop bag I won at the airport stand
                                                                    the main stage
                                                                Indonesian performance
                                                          free food from the Saudi Arabia stand
                                                                performance from Mongolia
                                                                            Thai dancers
                                                                            so crowded
                                                                    food from Ivory Coast
                                                                stuff from the Czech stand

No comments:

Post a Comment