Translate

Saturday, June 14, 2014

WORLD CUP CHILE vs AUSTRALIA

It was such a beautiful day with the mountains looking unreal.  Just by the view, I knew that it was going to be a great day!  For the last World Cup, I was in South Korea.  I don't even think I watched a game of the Cup because they were not really into it there.  Oh my word, in Chile its a completely different story.  People are let out of work early to watch the game and the atmosphere is amazing!! At 4pm, the metro was insane!! I have never had to use the metro during rush hour thank goodness, but I had to experience it yesterday. Then we went to a karaoke bar to watch the game.  I had to help support my friend, so we were in a bar FULL of Chileans and we were the only 2 supporting Australia.  If we were men, I am sure it would've been a different story. The game was pretty darn good. Australia was able to put up a better fight then I thought they would.  After the game was over, we sang a little bit of karaoke and then we went to Plaza Italia.  This is the biggest plaza in Santiago.  There were so many people in the plaza waving their flags and singing their hearts out.  There was a little fire in the crowd as well.  There were people climbing the flag poles, so I decided that I should too, haha!  When I was younger I would climb a giant pole that was taller than the flag pole, so I was confident I could do it.  In the beginning I couldn't get my footing, but once I did, I was up the pole like a spider.  It was great!!!  Then I had to stop a fight between an old man and a university student.  Once I got that fight over a lady went after the same university student, so at that point, I was like I'm outta here!  Then my friend and I went on a statue.  Then we listened to some people playing the drums and singing.  It was such an amazing atmosphere!  I don't even know what they would do in the streets if they are able to beat Spain!  Thanks to everyone who participated!!!  Now I have more than 4,000 different people wearing my glasses!!!!!

such a clear view of the mountains!

stuck in the metro!

people trying to shove their way in 

USA

USA

USA    4000!!!!!!

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

stray dog in the pub

GOOOO CHILEEE!

good job!

Aussie supporter with some Chilean supporters 

Chile  4010

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

singing!!!

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile  churro man!

Chile   4020

some of the crowd

Chile, Chile, Chile

Chile

fire in the streets

up i go

yay!!!

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

drums

Chile  (glasses swap!) 

Chile   4030

Chile

I wanted one of them to wear my glasses, but they wouldn't!! Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment