Translate

Thursday, June 19, 2014

World Cup: CHILE vs SPAIN

Life stops in Chile when it comes to the World Cup. Classes get cancelled, office workers get to go home early and school is let out early.  Everyone has World Cup fever.  Its amazing. For the first World Cup match I watched it at a karaoke bar with some friends.  Yesterday I decided to watch the game with a friend in the center on a big screen.  There were soooooo many people. It was insane.  People were climbing up trees and throwing confetti everywhere.  Since the atmosphere was a bit too crazy I decided not to take that many pictures of people wearing my glasses because I was afraid that they might get broken.  I wonder what the atmosphere will be like when Chile plays in the next round.  Thanks to those who participated!!


decorations in an office

in the center where I watched the match on a big screen

it was getting a bit scary

vive chile!

people were climbing on everything


right after the win....a stampede!! 

Chile

Chile

Chile (with a general?) 
Chile   4050

Chile

Chile

streets closed down

sooo many flags!!!

Plaza Italia again

people on top of the bus stop

very close to getting broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment