Translate

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Kanamara Festival 2017 (Japan)

Saturday was my birthday and a friend of mine bought me a cute and delicious cake.  We went for dinner and karaoke and had a great time.  On Sunday was the Kanamara Festival.  It was a VERY interesting festival that I had just found out about 2 days prior.  I was able to get a LOT of great photos.  It's better that I not explain anything and you can just observe the photos........

My birthday cake!

interesting signs at the temple

interesting handkerchief

in front of the shrine

giant umbrella

hmmmm

wow

so many people

very small compared to the others

geisha

you know, just talking on the phone

merchandise you can buy

lollipops

Philippines  8086

Trinidad and Tobago

Germany

Israel

Israel  8090

Japan

Nigeria

Nigeria

USA

Philippines

Philippines

Netherlands

Netherlands

Japan

Japan  8100

Japan

USA

Japan

Japan

USA

Japan

Japan

Japan

Japan

Romania  8110

Japan

Japan

locals dressed up

statue coming back to the shrine

No comments:

Post a Comment