Translate

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Festival in Asakusa

I should've posted this a while ago, but I got sidetracked.  2 Saturdays ago I went to the biggest Matsuri(festival) in Japan.  There were lots of people and it lasted 2.5 days.  My friends and I also went to a tall building nearby for some drinks.  We got to enjoy some great views of the area.  It was a good day.

beginning of the day

so many people

carrying a heavy shrine

packed

skytree in the background

crowded around the main shrine area

another one

jam packed

close up

view from the top

skytree on one side

sunset

shrine surrounded by modern day buildings

cheers

sunset in a glass

red sun (smog)

less people

nice lanterns

continuing the festival...

the group

nice attire

USA

England 8175

never seen the lantern folded up

great day

No comments:

Post a Comment