Translate

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Easter Monday

In the Czech Republic, I find in quite interesting that they have two public holidays around Easter.  It is not a religious country, but they have both the Friday and Monday as public holidays.  For Czech Republic the biggest day for Easter is Easter Monday. This is where men/boys go around whipping (mostly gently) women/girls so they won't "dry out".  After they do the whipping they get chocolates, eggs or liquor from the females.  It is a "strange" tradition in my eyes and I was never taught this as a child.  Anyways again the weather changed.  Just the day before it was sunny with blue skies and now it was grey and rainy.  I got to use one of my presents, which was a water proof jacket, and it clearly worked.  I am happy with it.  We started the walk with a bit of rain.  But when we walked on the Charles Bridge, the wind picked up and suddenly it was snowing like CRAZYYY.  It was so cold and my fingers were freezing.  I couldn't finish the walk and we had to get back to the apartment using three different modes of transportation to ensure the least amount of being in the cold.  April weather this year has been crazy! 



only ones on the bridge
                                                                          empty in April!!!
seconds before the snow "storm" started

No comments:

Post a Comment