Translate

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Nuremburg Christmas Market (Germany)

I have been wanting to go to a Christmas market in Germany and Leoš wanted to go to the Christmas market in Nuremburg, so it was an easy choice.  The Christmas market in Nuremburg is the largest Christmas market in Central Europe and one of the oldest in the world. There were so many people at the market. Parking was a bit difficult, but in the end we finally got a spot.  I immediately got a bratwurst when we entered the market. There were several markets next to each other.  There was a children's market, the main market and an international market with stands from different countries.  We got a cup of hot blueberry wine which was really nice.  I wanted a Christmas cup as a souvenir, but didn't really like the one I got because it didn't say Nuremburg on it.  I saw a man that was going to return several cups and he had one that I liked, so I traded him the cup I had so he could get the refund.  Leoš wanted to try the steamed dumpling with custard and cherries.  It was nice, but I do not know if I would get it again.  However, the GIANT gingerbread dipped in chocolate was DELICIOUS.  It took us a week to finish it. After the market we went to a restaurant that was in the Michelin guide.  The food was great and it was a nice way to finish the day.  It was such a great day!





















                                                           dumpling with sauce and cherries





                                                                        LEGO Santa Claus

No comments:

Post a Comment