Translate

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Turkey June '12




After my teaching contract was finished in Georgia, the company (TLG) allowed us to travel for one month before flying back home.  I decided a week before my contract was up to join a group of 9 of my friends for a backpacking trip throughout Turkey.  I was a bit hesitant at first because I had never traveled with so many people.  Whenever I tell other travel people about how many people I traveled with they are always in shock with how well it went because as many of them have said, it's hard enough to find one other person to travel with.  However, this was a special group of people.  We somehow managed to travel very well together and had an amazing time throughout Turkey.  I don't think any of us will be able to travel so well with so many people ever again (unless it's the same group :)  )

This is where "prune" pictures started.  Audrey (pictured somewhere below) told us that some famous stars say the word prune while taking a photo, so they can get a great shot.  Some succeeded and one was a failure-however its so bad that its an awesome photo.  (You know who you are  ;)  )




Kevin     Netherlands        80

Dave     USA

Random Turkish guy in front of the liquor store who wanted a pic

Hallum     USA

Caroline      USA

Photogenic Chris     USA

Alex     England

Madeleine    USA

Laura     USA

Ian       USA

Audrey     USA

John       USA

everybody say PRUNE!!!   my travel group of awesomeness for 2 weeks in Turkey
John and Audrey's friend, Selen     Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment