Translate

Friday, September 28, 2012

While in Georgia (the country!!) Feb-June '12


So, for 4 months I was living and teaching in Georgia.  I worked for Teach and Learn with Georgia  http://www.tlg.gov.ge/   It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone (as long as you are adventurous and can adjust to different situations)  I lived with a host family in an Azerbaijani village called Karajala which is located in the Kakheti region.  I learned how to read/write and speak Georgian.  Most of the photos are people from Georgia, but there are also a lot of photos of fellow teachers.




One of my students at a wedding

awesome guest house owner, Soliko

Random drunk guy at a convenient store

a firefighter! 

the person in charge of our orientation, who was also the winner of SURVIVOR the Georgian edition

Keith     USA

in my village, her English name is Emma

Emma's younger brother, a mischievous one    50

Emma's sister's friend

my host brother Samsun

a family friend

My host grandma

My host mother

Me INSIDE the president's palace in Tbilisi!!  too bad the president wasn't home because i def would've had him wear the glasses :)

neighbor girl

me with some of the neighbors

Nikki    England


Tom    England

Michael   Ireland

Michael   Ireland

Jason    South Africa

lady who worked at the hostel   Georgian

Ash    Australia 

Yas     England

Liselle   Estonia 


Tom    Tasmania 

Georgian Rugby player

Erin   New Zealand

Kirsten    USA

Patrick    Canada     70

Guram (the groom)    Georgia  

Crystal (the bride)   England

I know I am wearing the glasses, but I had to include this scary Joker . The glasses are in the pic.

wedding in my village

one of my students

more students

family friend  Emma's sister

my host brother with his friend (another student of mine)

some students at the school i worked at


No comments:

Post a Comment