Translate

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Honest Guide Party (prague, cz)

I had seen that there was an event for Honest Guide, HG, and was interested to see what it was going to be like. I had just seen a couple episodes of the show, so I kinda knew what the show was about.  I knew that they had helped shut down the biggest rip off exchange place in Prague, which is amazing.  I remember being in the Old Town square with a friend and we wanted to check out the crazy rate (when the place was still open).  While going in, a person outside actually tried to warn me about going in.  I told the person not to worry, I just wanted to check out how bad the rate was.  I was completely shocked when I saw the rate.  It was just 12czk for 1USD.  What a terrible reputation to give Praha.
The Honest Guide event had a LOT of people.  Actually a lot more people than I thought would be there.  I really didn't know how big their show is (sorry). My friend was coming late to the event, so I made new friends with the people who sat next to me.  They were quite nice and knew a LOT more about HG and the other channels on YouTube the host and cameraman have.   People waited a LONG time to meet the host and cameraman.  However, I noticed that the host of the show at one point kept trying to avoid people and escape to his friends.  Yes, its true that he might be the face of the show and people are just wanting to take his photo, but without the fans (which this event seemed to be for) his show wouldn't have spread around the world like it has.  I wanted to get his photo for my blog and I did it very quick because it seemed like he wanted to be somewhere else.  However, the cameraman- Honza, was so incredibly nice and had a HUGE line of people ready to talk to him and he truly enjoyed it.  He spoke to every single person(or group) for at least 5 minutes.  I thought that was so incredibly nice.  He was genuinely interested in where everyone was from and what they were doing in Praha.  He answered all our questions and said that he was so happy to be there that night and meet everyone. (He took 2 photos with me, I decided to put up the more unique one of the two).  It was a nice night, thanks to those who participated in my blog.

lots of people waiting to get their book signed and to meet the host of the show
Czech Republic  (Illustrator)
in the guest book with new friends I made at the party
Poland
Czech Republic
Czech Republic   9500
Lebanon
Nepal
Czech Republic  (HG Host)
USA
cutout with the rate of the exchange place HG shut down
Czech Republic  (with HG cameraman)  9505

No comments:

Post a Comment