Translate

Friday, July 19, 2019

Makeup and Hair, Folklore Festival and Street Theater Festival (Praha, CZ)

Yesterday I had a full day of activities.  First I got my hair and makeup done by a makeup artist who wanted to make a video for YouTube.  Then I went to the Folklore Festival in front of the Rudolfinum. I was able to watch three different groups perform- Sweden, Israel and Austria.  The group from Austria seemed like they would be nice so I asked if I could take their photos and they were all totally fine with it.  Thanks guys!!!  Then I saw a booth from Morocco, so I decided to ask why they were the only ones who had a booth.  Apparently the dance duo from Morocco got in a car accident on their way to the airport for the Folklore Festival and had to go to hospital with serious injuries!  Mr. Mohamed was sent as a representative of Morocco to show the dance on a TV screen and to give information about Morocco.  One day I will visit Dakhla, it looks great!  Then I met my friend and went to the Street Theater Festival.  I'm very glad she told me about it because there were some really interesting performances.  The first we watched was some crazy guy (Kitchen Prince) playing the piano, making a mess and causing fires (this was not my favorite).  Then there was an alternative group that the audience needed to follow as they walked around.  The last spot for this group was by far the best.  There were a lot of crazy acrobatic routines and it was awesome.  Then there was a very dark and intense show about the impacts on war. It was very interesting. I wasn't able to finish watching the performance because I needed to catch my bus.  After that performance there was going to be an LED display, I was able to just catch a glimpse of it before leaving.  What a great day!!

hair and makeup done!
Swedish group
group from Israel (2nd costume)
group from Israel (3rd costume)
this guy LOVED the fact he was the only man
group from Austria

Austria
Austria
Austria
Austria
Austria
Austria
Austria
Austria   9690
Austria (sorry that it's blurry!)
Austria
Austria
Austria
Austria
Morocco
Morocco  9697
Kitchen Prince
same fish I saw in March at the Vltava Festival
acrobatics!
theater about war.....
LED display

No comments:

Post a Comment