Translate

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Trash Hero Prague, CZ

The last clean up I joined was in May, so I figured it was about time I joined another clean up.  I would like to join more clean ups but the locations are usually quite far for me to get to.  I was already in the city, so I figured I could join.  It was the smallest group of volunteers from the events I have been to, but it was a nice group.  I was happy that I didn't have to clean a section by myself.  It was nice to have people around because for a while I was on a very steep area. There were some areas that smelled like death and there were so many random pieces of trash that were found.  One person found a mannequin leg, I found several pieces of clothes including 2 shoes that had something growing in them, jars, bottles, a tire, etc.  There were just so many items!!  When I was about to finish I saw the inside of a bicycle tire stuck in the ground, so I went to yank it from the ground and there was left over dirty water and it got all over me.  It was sooo disgusting!!  Before the clean up I sprayed myself with bug repellent on my ankles and arms.  I forgot to spray my shoulder and today I saw that I got my first tick of the summer season.  I hope that I will not get anymore!!!  Thanks to everyone for a good clean up!  We ended up picking 552 kilograms of trash!!! (1217 pounds!!) 

the first 15kg of trash I picked up
busy busy busy
end of the clean up
so many rubber tubes
Czech Republic   9650
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
the great group of volunteers
Czech Republic
Czech Republic   9655
Czech Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment