Translate

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Local Legends and Ghost Stories (Prague, CZ)

I was looking for things to do on Wednesday because my students were on spring vacation. I came across a free night walking tour that included local legends and ghost stories given by a local woman.  It looked pretty interesting so I decided to join.  Before going on the tour I went for a walk on my favorite island in Prague and came across several coypu.  They were so cute even though their teeth and tail are quite intimidating.  The tour began at Charles Bridge.  We were first told about the legends of the water men.  The story was quite good.  Then we walked on the bridge and were told some more legends and stories.  Apparently King Charles IV laid the first stone for the Charles Bridge in 1357 on the 9th July at 5:31 am. This precise time was chosen because the pattern forms a numerical bridge 135797531, which Charles believed would reinforce the bridge’s strength.  I knew about the year, but I didn't know about the exact date and time, so that was great information. Then we walked towards the clock and Jewish area.  It was such a nice night and I got to learn some local legends. As an added bonus I got to discover a neat place for tea/coffee in the center.  It was great and I recommend the tour to everyone! Thanks Petra for a nice walk!

one of my favorite views of Prague
this coypu just wanted to crawl up on me
nice reflections
baby coypu
touch all the stars with one hand and make a wish!
the castle in all its glory
numerology is important
I had to wear them after the 10,000th person before getting 10,001!!
narrowest hotel in Europe
Czech Republic  10,001
nice mosaic ceiling
the iconic astronomical clock
close up
even more of a close up
Czech Republic
Golem on the streets!
Czech Republic
nice group for the tour

No comments:

Post a Comment