Translate

Sunday, March 15, 2020

City Shut down /Tea Tasting (Prague, CZ)

This last week has been crazy in CZ.  First schools were shut down, the country declared that it was in an emergency state, the country closed its borders and now all restaurants, bars, gyms, stores, everything is closed except for grocery stores and pharmacies.  The bus drivers do not collect money on the buses either.  When I got on the bus, it was empty.  However as we got closer to Prague, more people got onto the bus.  I wanted to walk around Prague and take some pictures of the empty city. What shocked me the most was that there was a big tour group of old people still walking around Vaclav Namesti.  They were European and I couldn't believe that they were on a tour. All stores had signs indicating that they were closed.  The fast food chains were open for takeaway.  People were eating on benches.  Trams were empty.  It was eery.  Then I found a beautiful tree that was in bloom.  The flowers on it were beautiful! Then I went with my friend to enjoy some tea with a tea master.  We got to enjoy 3 types of green tea (apparently pretty expensive and exclusive), an oolong tea and then a black tea.  The experience was really nice and I will probably organize some events in the future after this craziness is over.

I thought maybe I could have a VIP bus
not as many people as usual for a Saturday around lunchtime
lots of closed stores
these places have always been open
first closed sign
lots of space
another closed sign
just one old man
twilight zone
castle in the distance
tree in bloom
all white
close up
beautiful!
blurry
beautiful blue skies
nice clouds
Rudolfium
tea preparation
first green tea
reminded me of an aquarium
tea leaves are poured into the bowl
all the tea leaves we used
oolong tea
gotta throw the glasses into the mix
yummy spicy nuts
China  10,014
back home at sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment