Translate

Thursday, May 7, 2020

March/April 2020

The last time I posted was in March.  For the first time EVER (since I started my blog in Sept 2012) I didn't write a single post for a month (April).  I should've made a post, but I didn't meet anyone new and couldn't go anywhere new. The Czech Republic was in a state of emergency and we were not allowed to go out unless it was for work, going to the supermarket, or going to the pharmacy. On March 31st there was SNOW in the forest and it was actually the most amount of snow I have biked in for the whole year. It was crazy! My birthday was on April 1st and it was quite strange to not be able to see my friends in person, but I still had a very nice birthday.  Luckily I was able to enjoy it with one family I teach.  I had a wonderful lunch and my student made a cake for me.  Plus the mother bought me flowers.  Afterwards I spoke to a couple of friends on Skype.  It wasn't the same, but at least I got to chat with them and see them.  The entire month of April was definitely strange.  I was supposed to be in Croatia on the beach for my birthday, but of course the flight was canceled and I had to change my ticket for another date.  I hope that I will be able to on the new date.  I also had to change a ticket I had for the first weekend in May.  I have done a lot of cooking and have been able to make some things that I would've never tried to make if it wasn't for this quarantine.  One Friday night I wanted a salty snack, but didn't have anything in the house.  However, earlier that day I saw that someone made crispy bread sticks in a cooking group I am in.  I decided to find a recipe online.  I did and it turned out great.  A week later I came across a recipe for dandelion jelly.  I have a lot of dandelions in my garden, so I decided to try it out, and it turned out great.    I am hoping things will go back to normal soon, but at least it gave mother nature some time to heal.

a project I made with my spare time
flowers in my garden
the way I biked in April
snow and flowers
SNOW
SNOW SNOW SNOW
snow on the last day of March
birthday lunch
cake with my name written in blueberries and flowers
got a flat tire on my birthday and was able to fix it quickly despite it being the back wheel

earl grey shortbread cookies
scones
nice plating
crispy bread sticks
oatmeal date cookies
dandelion jelly!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment