Translate

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Dinner on Charles Bridge (Prague, CZ)

I was lucky enough to come across an event that was advertised to happen on the Charles Bridge June 30th, 2020.  It was to celebrate the "end" of coronavirus restrictions in CZ and how well the Czech Republic did as a nation to not spread it like it did in other countries.  It was hard to have the country be in a state of emergency, as a citizen not be allowed to leave the country, do social distancing and having to wear a mask for most places.  The Czech Republic lifted the ban in stages and did a great job.  Masks still need to be worn in the metro though.  I am very happy to be here while the crisis happened.  People respected each other and wore masks to protect others.  This event on the Charles Bridge was a once in a lifetime event.  They put a 515 meter long table across the bridge.  We had to sign up for free tickets and bring food to share.  It was a great event.  I got to meet some nice people and I even got the youngest Czech MP in history to wear my glasses.  I honestly do not know what his stand is politically, I just wanted to get his photo because his mark on history.  I am happy I had the chance to experience this wonderful event on the Charles Bridge.  It was nice meeting everyone.

table set up on the bridge
cheers!
people enjoying life
Czech Republic MP
Turkey
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Czech Republic  10,050
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
nice chats with food and laughs
nice dessert my friend brought
wasn't sure what this represented, but ok :)
fun on the bridge
along the bridge
other side of the bridge
nice day
USA
a kid (baby goat) on the bridge
gotta get the castle
even people dancing on the bridge
person getting interviewed
Romania
England   10,055
nice event
crowded area with mostly Czechs, listening to live Czech music (this is wear I wore my mask)
clean up!  thanks for a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment