Translate

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Croatia (Zadar, Plitvice, Mali Lošinj, Preko)

For my birthday this year, I wanted to be by the beach so I bought a ticket for Zadar, Croatia.  As everyone knows, Covid-19 happened this year and everything changed.  The ticket I bought for the end of March was cancelled and I changed the date to the end of June.  Again my ticket was cancelled and I had to change it for August.  I paid only $27 for my round trip ticket and never had to pay the difference every time I changed the ticket.  I was finally able to go to Zadar in the middle of August.  The airport in Praha was quite empty.  The whole time I stayed in hostels in Croatia, the people who were sharing the room with me were from Croatia.  It was interesting to just interact with people of the country I was visiting.  Zadar was a nice city.  My friends went to Croatia in June and really recommend I go to Plitvice lakes, so I followed their advice and it was such a nice trip.  The area was gorgeous.  A friend I met in South Korea now lives in Croatia with her husband and she recommended I go to Mali Lošinj so I decided to follow her advice as well.  It was a great choice.  The island was beautiful and I enjoyed the clear waters.  My favorite hostel in Croatia was Hostel Sunset in Zadar.  The owner, Marina, was very nice and I felt like at home in the hostel.  I will try to visit again, but I will visit in the off season because from what high season sounds like, I would not want to go during that time.  My time in Croatia was great!

empty airport
check in was in one terminal, but take off was in another terminal
so strange!!
finally the beach!
sunset on the first night
I walked around the city my first night
sea organ that plays music with the tide
old area
great name for a street
beautiful waters
nice dinner
The Greeting to the Sun
Plitvice lakes
nice colors
waterfall in background
nice nature
nice reflections
clear
had to get in a pic
few clouds
taking a boat to the other side of the area
RAIN!!
nice walkway
walking to a cool area
inside a cave area
the blue color was so pretty!
inside a cave area
great day of exploring
butterfly
back in Zadar
the water was coming onto the road....
hostel cat hung out with me
just outside the walls of the old town in Zadar
just arriving to Mali Lošinj
cathedral close to my hostel
dolphins, reminding me of my hometown
beautiful
reminded me a bit of Australia
hello!
nice glass
walking around the island
Velke Lošinj
grilled calamari
last minute dip before getting on the ferry to go back to Zadar
Preko
nice colors with the moon
last day in Zadar
nice statue
listening to the sea organ while floating
last burek
Croatia  10,120
Croatia
Croatia  10,122

No comments:

Post a Comment