Translate

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Kafka: The Trial Ballet (Prague, CZ)

For the month of September, all the shows from Narodni Divadlo are on discount.  Luckily I remembered the article and was able to find the code.  The first show I decided to watch was a ballet called Kafka: The Trial.  An Italian choreographer was so inspired by Kakfa's story, that he decided to make a ballet based on it.  While I was purchasing the tickets, I noticed that there was a free tour based on Kafka's life before the ballet.  It was such a unique experience to be able to walk around Prague to the places that were important to Kafka's life before watching the performance.  I was able to go down some streets I have never been to before and learn about places that I often walk by, but didn't know the history behind it.  The Kafka statue is a combination of three of Kafka's stories.  The first is metamorphosis and that is represented by the cockroach that is on the base of the statue designed with black bricks.  The second story is Description of a Struggle and the third is Judgement.  I have seen this statue so many times, but I had no idea that it represented three of Kafka's stories and I found that so interesting.  A week later, I went to watch the opera Tosca and this weekend I will watch another ballet.  My friends and I want to watch as many shows as we can using the discount. 

poster of the ballet I watched
about to start the free Kafka tour
brothel where Kafka's father made him a "man"
never been down this street before
evil Mona Lisa?
Kafka's father owned a chocolate store near here
a place where great minds would hang out: like Kafka and Einstein
walking around Prague to see important places for Kafka
school building Kafka attended
empty
learning about the Kafka statue
Kafka's statue representing three different stories
Czech Republic 10,125
Czech Republic
beautiful chandelier
ground floor audience
great show
bow again
the main dancer
had to take a pic with the chandelier
friend I went to the ballet with
great display
appetizer
pasta with squid ink and calamari

No comments:

Post a Comment