Translate

Friday, December 25, 2020

St. Mikulaš Day (CZ)

This year was the first time in which I was able to walk around in the streets and see all the Mikulaš, angels and devils walking around.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to see any because of the covid situation right now, but I was able to see them.  Most of them were being safe and keeping distance and wearing masks.  It was really nice to see the Christmas trees all lit up.   It was starting to really feel like Christmas time.  We were able to get some hot white wine which was quite nice.  Then we went to get some Korean food for dinner.  Afterwards, we had to decide if we were gonna use the metro or the tram.  While we were walking towards the metro, I saw a Mikulaš, angel and devil walk down the stairs.  I told my boyfriend that we had to follow them.  It was great taking pics of them using the public transport.  Since we had some time before the metro arrived on the platform, I HAD to get a picture with them.  I didn't ask them to wear the glasses because of the pandemic.  I stood in between the devil and Mikulaš and suddenly the devil took it's chains and wrapped me in them.  It was shocking, but funny.  I hope everyone had a safe and fun Mikulaš day!

                                                                        nicely lit up tree
                                                                        another angle
                                                                    only a Mikulaš and angel
                                                                tree at Old Town square
                                                                    in all its glory
                                                                        another group
                                                                    nicely lit street
                                                      random devil trying to scare a kid
                                                                        yummy hot wine!
                                                                    Nativity scene
                                                                        bibimbap
                                                                            kimbap
                                                              going down the escalator
                                                             just chilling on the platform
                                                                   I got caught by the devil~
                                        I was good this year and got cookies for Mikulaš day
                                                                    beautiful tram

No comments:

Post a Comment