Translate

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Painting Course (Prague, Czech Republic)

As a birthday gift, Leos gave me a gift certificate for a painting course.  I was a bit skeptical about it, but I had to go into it with an open mind.  I have never painted on a canvas before, so I really didn't know how it would be.  Even before going to the course, I had to pick an image I wanted to paint.  We decided it would be best if I painted an image that meant something to me.  I finally decided to pick a sunset photo I took when I was in California that included 2 surfers walking.  I really love sunsets and the image just reminds me of being home.  When I entered the studio, the lady got my image from the email I sent and projected the image on a canvas.  I had to sketch all the areas that I wanted to paint.  Then I was quickly shown how to mix colors and paint on the canvas.  It took a LONG time to finish my painting. I almost didn't finish in the given time, but I was determined to finish it in one day.  I started at 10am and just barely finished at 5pm with a very quick break to grab lunch.  I got a lot of help with the shadows and rocks, but I managed to finish my painting.  Then I had to leave my painting in the studio for 4 days to dry, but then the studio wasn't open on the weekend and barely open during the week.  It was not the most convenient to pick up my painting, but I finally was able to bring the painting home. It was my first and last original painting.  I do not have the patience to paint with oil.  However, I am glad I did it.

                                                       projecting my image on the canvas
                                                                    the workshop area
                                                       the sketches with a bit of the sky done
                                                         others working on their paintings
                                                            almost finished with the painting
                                                         checking my image and painting
working on final touches
                                                                    Czech Republic   10,133
                                                                        Czech Republic
                                                                        Slovakia
                                                                        Czech Republic  10,136
                                                                my painting needs to dry

No comments:

Post a Comment