Translate

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Japanese Festival (Praha, CZ)

While I was showing my mom around Vysehrad, I wanted to show her one view point.  As we were going there we suddenly came across a Japanese festival.  I had no idea it was going on.  The funny thing is that now I can say that I have been to a Czech Festival in Japan (where I got to try on traditional Czech clothes for the first time) and a Japanese Festival in Czech Republic (where I got to try traditional Japanese archery for the first time). I got to practice a bit of my calligraphy. Then we checked out the stands at naplavka before heading to SAPA.  My mother was amazed at the Vietnamese community there.  We had wonderful pho and then a really nice traditional Vietnamese dessert called Che. I will definitely get it every time I go to SAPA from now on!!  After our visit to SAPA it started to rain quite hard so we took a break at the apartment and got to watch Barbora Krejcikova win her first singles Grand Slam.  Then we went for a walk in Petrin.  It was a busy and full day!  (pictures are really out of order)













                    my mom remembered to take a pic of the dessert (I forgot because I was too busy eating it)
                                                                        walking around SAPA
                                                                in Smichov naplavka


                                                    my mom wanted a pic with my calligraphy

                                                              trying it out and didn't do too bad

No comments:

Post a Comment