Translate

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Clock Tower

My parents came to the Czech Republic for my wedding, so of course, I needed to spend some time with them. My mom loves exploring Praha even though she's been here so many times. The weekend she was in Praha, there was an event where several different towers around Praha had a special entrance fee of only 65czk. We thought that we could just go to any tower and get the discount, but then realized that the special price circulated each weekend to a different tower. Luckily, it was the main clock tower that had the discount price when my mom was here. First, we went to the farmer's market at Naplavka, but there wasn't anything that we really wanted to eat, so we went to a nearby vegetarian restaurant. The food was great. Then we made our way to the clock tower. The line was quite long, but we decided to wait. It was nice because the ticket included two different areas of the clock tower. First, we got to see the figurines move when the clock struck the hour. Then we walked up to the very top of the tower to get an amazing view. It was really a great view of the city. The next day, my father came with my mom to the city, so we all went for a walk in Petrin and then had lunch. Afterwards, my dad went back to the village, and my mom wanted to shop a bit. Then I took my mom to a Korean cafe. It was a nice weekend.


                                                                            farmer's market
                                                                            curry
                                                                                pasta
                                                   delicious banana bread with peanut butter


                                                 entrance 65czk to several places around Praha


                                                                        















                                                      my mom taking a picture of the elevator












                                               my mom risking her phone for a good picture










                                                                            goulash
                                                        dalgona milk and matcha cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment