Translate

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Olympic Park Most

Leos found out that a lot of Olympic athletes went to the Olympic Park in Most (just an hour out of Prague).  We parked a bit far from the park on accident, but we got to walk by a sailing competition area. We missed the opportunity to meet Barbora Krejcikova by one day. She was at the park the previous day doing a meet and greet with fans.  It was still such a fun day though.  There were so many different sports to try.  The entry was just 200czk.  Once we were in the park we tried rowing and Leos beat me by 8 seconds, but I definitely kept him on his toes.  Afterwards, we had our photos taken for the local paper. Then I designed a canvas bag at the Vitawater stand.  We waited in line for the archery that took quite a while.  While in line, I went to the softball stand where you could test how fast you can pitch.  I was able to pitch 74kph.  Not too bad considering I have never pitched before. Finally it was our turn with archery.  Leos got a big safety thing for his arm and I got a small one.  They should've given me the big one because the string hit my arm two times and it hurt quite bad.  My skin was raised and irritated as soon as it happened.  By the end of the day I had a bruise that got really dark the next day and lasted a week!! After the archery, I did basketball, fencing, handball, fencing accuracy, weightlifting, lacrosse, paddle boarding, golf and then baseball.  It was so much fun.  I actually did really good with the batting cage.  I missed the first pitch, but then once I got used to the speed, I hit EVERY SINGLE BALL.  12/13 isn't bad at all considering I never played.  I definitely think that my experience with tennis helped.  After we left the park I had to jump in the lake.  It was such a fun day and I definitely recommend everyone to visit the Olympic park next time they set it up!  It was such a great way to try out new sports

                                                                       we arrived in Most








                                 card we were given to check out our photo at the end of the day


                                                              free drinks we were given
                                                  I messed up the direction of the top of the flame

                                         
    
                                             
                                                                    74kph!!




                                              

                                                                    after the archery
                                                                I made the basket!
                                                                and another one!
                                            we forgot to take a pic together with the helmets on


                                                                    handball



                                                                    fencing accuracy




                                                         too heavy, I needed help!
                                                    the table tennis and badminton tent

                                                                     I got to try lacrosse

                                              they even had the Olympic mascot at the park
                                                      we watched Dostal win the gold medal!









                                                                boxing on one side
                                                                       chess on the other side













                                                     I had to take a dip, it was too hot!

                                                        the bruise from the archery
                                                                our pic online!
                                                      had to get one with my glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment