Translate

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Kutna Hora, Czech Republic

The last time my parents and I went to Kutna Hora, we went to the Santa Barbara cathedral.  It was gorgeous.  However, after I left the Czech Republic I came across a post that talked about the creepiest places on earth and mentioned that Kutna Hora had an ossuary made up lots of skulls (40,000).  I was a bit upset that I didn't see it even though I was in the area.  So, on this trip I made sure that we went to the ossuary because it was just an hour from my grandma's village.  It was such a crazy sight to see and even creepier to think that 40,000 skulls were used to make it.  However, it was quite beautiful in a creepy artistic way.  After the ossuary we went to another cathedral.  Then we went for drinks at a restaurant across the cathedral.  I realized that I really hadn't taken that many photos of people wearing my glasses on this trip, so I went back to the ossuary to get my photos!  Thanks to the workers who participated!


the entrance 

electric device that helped my grandma get down the stairs

a vase?

skulls

skulls

chandelier made from skulls

angel?

bottom view from the chandelier 

emblem?

candles to light

creepy

remains of some priest.....some bones intact 

staircase in the cathedral 

back to the ossuary 

wonder whose skull that is.......

Czech Republic

Czech Republic  6570

No comments:

Post a Comment