Translate

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Tochinoshin Tsuyoshi (professional sumo wrestler)

*Awesome Story* 
So last night i went to a club in Tokyo for a salsa night with some friends. Then i notice that a Eastern European sumo wrestler walks into the place and takes the table next to where I am sitting. I recognize the sumo wrestler....I know I have seen this guy before, so obviously he's famous. He lights up a cigarette and the staff of the club goes to his table and tells him to stop smoking. His manager tries to send them away and let the sumo wrestler smoke. The staff wasn't having it and told them they could go outside to smoke. Then I see that the sumo wrestler and his managers leave the place. I have my kitty glasses and I want him to wear them for my blog so I go out of the club to see where they went. I see the sumo wrestler and I ask him if he can speak English or Japanese. He says Japanese. So then I tell him about my blog and ask if I can get him photo wearing my glasses. He says no and tells me that if I want a photo with him that will be ok, but he wont wear the glasses. I tell him that I have people from all over the world wearing my glasses and I have over 8,000 people wearing the glasses. He still says no and again says if i want a photo with him then that will be ok. Defeated, I still want a photo with him. HOWEVER, i ask him where he is from......AND he says GEORGIA!!!!! I tell him გაუმარჯოს which means cheers and i ask him "how are you" in Georgian. A smile finally comes to his face and he asks how in the world i know Georgian. I tell him that I lived in a village near Telavi and he takes my glasses out of my hands and puts them on for me. I GOT THE PICTURE!!!!!!! Then I ask his manager to take a photo of him and I. His managers ask how the hell I know Georgian. I tell them that I'm an English teacher and I tell them the name of the village i was living in, Karajala. They told me that they have never been to the village I was in. Never in a million years did I think I would EVER mix Georgian and Japanese!!!!! I am def gonna go to the sumo tournament in September and cheer for him in Georgian! ANND looking back at my photos from 7 years ago when I first went to a sumo tournament, what do you know, I took a picture of him from far away!!!!!!! His name is Tochinoshin Tsuyoshi (you can click on the link to find out about him).


too bad this pic is blurry because he's really smiling here!

Gerogia 8193

yay!!!

one of his friends or manager photo bombed on accident

picture I took of him 7 years ago!!!

back when i took this picture I hadn't been to Georgia yet, so I didnt know the flag

No comments:

Post a Comment