Translate

Monday, December 20, 2021

First Full Day in California

Its been two years since I was home, so it was definitely time to visit.  Last year I couldn't go due to the covid situation.  This year wasn't the best with all the restrictions, but we made sure we had everything needed in order to have the flight.  We needed an antigen test a day before flying out and had a 3 hour delay in London, but other than that it was fine.   On our first full day we woke up to a bright and early sun, so decided to go for a walk.  It was so nice to be in our t-shirts. We had blue skies and it was just so beautiful.  I had been telling my students that here, Santa is on the beach in shorts and surfing.  It was just my luck that I saw Santa on the beach, so of course I had to take a photo with him and also get him to wear my glasses.  After that we randomly came across a kids' surfing competition.  It was fun to watch.  In the evening we went for a walk with my parents and got to see a beautiful sunset.  After the walk we all went to the harbor to check out the Christmas lights.  It was all so beautiful.  We had a wonderful first full day in California.

                                                          ready for a nice walk on the beach






                                     on the beach with Santa and small waves in the background

                                                                            Santa  (10,184)


                                                        watching a kids' surfing competition


                                                                walking with my mom







                                                           reflection of the sunset in my glasses






                                                               Santa comes to surf in California




                                                                        very decorative house

No comments:

Post a Comment