Translate

Thursday, May 12, 2016

wai-o-tapu thermal wonderland

In the morning I made my way to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland.  At 10:15 every morning they have a showing for the Lady Knox geyser.  It was very cool to watch.  A guide gave us some information about the geyser and then added a bit of soap in the geyser and a minute later it exploded.  Walking around the thermal park was very cool.  The colors were amazing.   Then went to some waterfalls and then a natural hot springs place.  I was badly informed about the hot springs, so I didn't bring my bikini with me, which was a shame.  Then the next day tried to go the alpine crossing, but the weather was so bad that they weren't having tours that day.  Even though it was bad weather, I managed to do a little bit of a hike and then headed to Napier.


USA

England  7395

lady knox geyser

explosion

one of the many thermal pools

champagne pool

yellow!

deep green

wooden carving

devil's bath

intense white water

waterfalls

shallow waters

clear and blue

good to know

natural hot springs

tui

trees on fire

some wall from lord of the rings

terrible visibility.....lifts were not working

another nice waterfall

hello there!

No comments:

Post a Comment