Translate

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Taiko! Tokyo, Japan

One of my co-wokers has been doing Taiko for several years.  Another co-worker asked her if she would be able to teach us.  Thanks to the curiosity of the co-worker, an event was created.  My mom messaged me and told me that on TV she saw that in Ueno there were sakura trees in bloom.  Since I needed to go to Asakusa for the Taiko lesson, I decided to go to Ueno first to hunt down the sakura.  My mom didn't tell me the location of the sakura and I didn't have much time before the lesson.  Luckily I was able to spot 2 sakura trees in bloom.  After I took photos of the tree I walked to Asakusa.  On the way to Taiko, I saw a soba and tempura place I wanted to try after the Taiko.  The Taiko lesson was a lot of fun.  It was a bit difficult but it was really interesting to learn the beat and technique.  It was a great opportunity to practice on a real taiko drum instead of just playing the taiko arcade game. After 2 hours of taiko most of us went to dinner to the soba and tempura place I had spotted before.  It was delicious and the owners were super nice!  It was a fun day!

Ueno Pond
sakura in December!!
let`s do this!
starting the lesson
trying it out
waiting to change turns
first time for her but it seemed like she was a pro!
crazy
Japan
Japan
USA
happy and posing
in action
Taiko!!!!
delicious soba and tempura
Japan
Japan  9225
cartoon of the two owners

No comments:

Post a Comment