Translate

Monday, December 31, 2018

Free Walking Tour Amsterdam, Netherlands

The last time I was in Amsterdam was in 2012.  I was there for 10 days and had a wonderful time.  On my way back to the Czech Republic I had an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam.  I was really looking forward to just wandering around the city.   When I arrived, I put my carry on luggage in storage for just 6 euros.  Then I got a return ticket from the airport to Amsterdam Central station for 9.60 euros.  It was a bit of a gloomy day and it felt quite cold because I was used to the warm weather in California.  I walked around and got to the main square.  Then I saw people holding umbrellas for tours.  The last time I was in Amsterdam I didn't go on a walking tour and I was a bit too tired to just wander around by myself because I didn't sleep on the flight from Los Angeles.  I joined the free walking tour and it was nice.  There were a lot of people and I wasn't sure if I had the energy to take people's photos but after walking around I woke up a bit and was able to take a few photos.  The tour actually lasted a bit more than 3 hours and I needed to leave before it was over to catch my flight.  It was the perfect way to spend my long layover.  I definitely would like to visit again for longer than a couple hours!

the main square
debating about joining the tour
our group
Uniqlo in Amsterdam!
love all the canals
at this point I was too tired to remember the explanation of this statue
so many canals
nice church
one of the numerous coffee shops
area near the central station
building the used to be headquarters of the dutch trading company
USA
Portugal  9240
explanations about the coffee shop culture in Amsterdam

Australia
USA
Netherlands
symbol of Amsterdam
Brazil
Brazil
Brazil
Brazil
India
India   9249
very narrow house...just 1.8 meters wide!

No comments:

Post a Comment