Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Old City Jerusalem (Israel)

Before leaving for my trip I met with a friend and told her that I was going to Israel for just a couple of days.  She encouraged me to go to Jerusalem during my short stay because she told me that I might not return and it would be a shame to miss such a historic place.  I am glad I listened to her.  It was a bit hectic to go there just for one day, but it was worth it.  I saw so many things in the Old City and I got to learn a lot more about the area.  For example, I had no idea, but the Old City is divided into 4 areas: The Armenian area, Christian Area, Jewish Area, and Muslim Area.  People fight so much because of religion, but in this area everyone is next to each other.  Yes, there is a lot of security but it works.  I visited all the areas and even followed the path Jesus walked with the cross.  (I am not religious, but I respect all religions and am curious).  While on the walk, I found 50NIS.  I decided that I was going to buy a silver ring with this money to remind myself how lucky and blessed I have been on all my adventures.  I had  wonderful time and am so glad I included this in my short stay. Unfortunately there was an attack while I was there, but I was already in bed.  I just hope that one day things can be peaceful there.

street art
round-trip ticket
nice landscape on the way to Jerusalem
differing landscape
the bricks had numbers on them so they could be placed in the exact same spot as before
wall of the Old City
about to enter the Old City
amazed at myself that I made it here
reminded me of other Arabic markets
towards the Western Wall
Mt. Olive in the distance
temple rock in the distance
so many soldiers!
just made it in time to enter Temple Rock
inside the area
beautiful
an area people are fighting for
unfortunately only Muslims can go inside
happy I was able to see it without problems
nice arches
hard to believe that this is the area everyone is fighting for
last pic
mass in Russian
now in the Christian side of the Old City
inside a church
Prison of Christ
apparently this is where he was held
surreal
nice view of the city
panorama
interior of the Austrian building
the famous path were Christ walked with the cross
spices
delicious
nice arch
the small opening leads to a cistern
of course I touched the water
cool sight
the light shining on me
balance in life is key
Ethiopian area
shame its blurry
apparently Christ's body is here?
nice paintings
impressive mosaic
looked like paintings, but really they were mosaic
people waiting in line to touch the holy water
nice ceilings
so many candle fixtures
a skull hiding at the bottom of the picture
had some importance, not sure what
a rock that everyone touched
nice walkway that was empty (rare thing in the Old City)
mosaic
Jewish Area
a menorah in protective glass
the sun was starting to go down
going to the Western Wall
the men's side of the wall
the women's side
never thought I would be here
nun's walkway
dangerous shirt to wear!!
walking along the path for these numbers
found money on the walk!
delicious teas
Norway 9958
map of Jerusalem
the Old City is divided into 4 areas

No comments:

Post a Comment