Translate

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Bubbles and The Shitrockers Plus Billy Bob Thorton and The BoxMasters

Leoš found a post stating that there would be a concert with "Bubbles" from the Netflix show: Trailer Park Boys.  He showed it to me a couple of years ago, but I never actually watched the episodes.  Leoš has watched ALL the shows and knows all the characters names.  The band would be opening for Billy Bob Thorton's group called The Boxmasters.  I was quite surprised that Leoš saw the event information just a few days before the concert.  I wasn't sure if I was going to go, but the night before I decided I would go with him.  He was able to buy the tickets the same morning of the concert.  Since I missed my opportunity of asking The Czech President (Petr Pavel) and Usher (the musician) to wear my glasses, I was more than determined to have my glasses on at least one of the musicians.  The music bar was smaller than I was expecting it to be and the place was packed.  Luckily, I was able to get a spot for us very close to the stage with a small side table for our drinks.  There was a camera crew walking all over the place to see where the best views would be for them.  Finally, the concert started and the crowd went crazy when Bubbles got on stage.  The music was quite fun and the lyrics were crazy.  Overall is was really fun to watch them.  Then Oscar winner Billy Bob Thorton got on stage with his band.  The crowd went crazy again.  But somehow I was able to get to the front of the stage.  It was so much fun being right at the stage and seeing the musicians so up close.  In USA there would be NO WAY that the band would be so close to the audience. The crowd was quite tame and the musicians didn't have to worry at all.  Billy Bob was so nice and kept thanking the crowd for coming to the show.  He was so much nicer than I expected.  He would say the name of the song that they would play and explained how they came up with it.  It was such a cool experience.  Then during a song I saw that he was shaking everyone's hand on the other side of the stage.  I knew this would be my chance, so I put my glasses on and asked Leoš to take photos of me with Billy Bob.  It was so great because in the photo you can see that he is shaking my hand and the band is STILL playing!!!!  After the band was finished, I was able to get the ACTUAL set list and a guitar pick.  It was such a great show!  Leoš and I walked around to find Bubbles, so he could get a photo.  Bubbles (Mike Smith) was very nice and even more my glasses.  It was such a great night!!!!

                                                            small music hall in Smichov
                                                         maybe we'll see ourselves in the movie
                                                                    close to the stage
                                                                    what a name!
                                                                        Randy opening
                                                                        that belly!
                                                                            Bubbles!!!!

                                                                look at that face!!! haha~


                                                                          Billy Bob Thorton!


                                         
                                           
                                                                            close up!

                                                         Billy Bob was shaking everyone's hand
                                                                        waiting for my turn
  wohooo!  you can see him shaking my hand and they are still playing. plus I got my glasses in the photo!
                                                                Leoš got his photo with Bubbles!!
                                                             Mike Smith "Bubbles" Canada  10,337
                                                 I was able to get the set list and a guitar pick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment