Translate

Friday, December 11, 2015

relaxing days in the city

My friends and I decided to go for some Korean food.  However, when I got there I decided to get some Japanese noodles instead.  It was such a hot day and I didn't feel like I wanted any spicy food.  My friend was hosting a couchsurfer, so we walked around to show his guest around.  We walked to an old train station, then we walked by La Piojera (place where people get a popular cocktail called the terremoto).  We were so full from lunch, so we didn't get a drink, but we were able to meet the owner of the bar!! (And of course I got his photo).  Next we went to the Bella Artes Museum.  We checked out an exhibit from a Mexican Artist that was first brought to Chile in 1973, but because of the dictatorship, it was taken out of Chile immediately and RIGHT NOW is the first time its back in Chile!  Since it was such a hot day, we all went for ice cream afterwards.  I got delicious lemon pie flavor and added some blueberries my friend got from the market.  It was a nice and relaxing day.  The next day my friends and I went to the market for lunch.  It was awesome!


soba noodles

old train station 

Chile (owner of La Piojera)

mural outside of La Piojera

Australia 

Bellas Artes Museum 

lemon pie ice cream with blueberries 
Chile 6980

delicious peruvian food

Australia 

cool building

2 comments:

  1. jajaja nice picture of "Don Dioscoro" the owner of la Piojera!!

    Greetings Amy!
    Walter

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just saw your comment today, hahah!!!! thanks thanks!!! happy new years!! im in guyana now and will be going to suriname tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete