Translate

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Occupied area of Nicosia

In order to go to the occupied area of Nicosia, one needs to be fully vaccinated and have an antigen test. Luckily, this was one of the facts that the local told us on our first day.  We went to so many pharmacies until we found one that was open.  The antigen we took cost 6 euros each and was the fastest test we have ever taken.  The results were ready in less than 2 minutes!  With our tests in hand, we were able to cross the border. As soon as we crossed the border, it felt like we were in another country. I saw a lady passing out small desserts, so I asked if I could buy one.  She said they were not accepting money and she just gave me one.  I wonder what the occasion was.  It was pretty good, but nothing like what I was expecting to taste.  I exchanged dollars into Lira and we were on our way to walk around and explore. 

                                                             got welcomed with this dessert

                                                                            mini okra


                                                                        inside one market



                                                                nice bright colors
                                                                    delicious dessert
                                                                        so much food!!
                                                      so hot that I had an ice bag on my neck and head
                                                                    map with spices on it

No comments:

Post a Comment