Translate

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Hello Georgia (Tbilisi)

Last summer I randomly received an email from one of my co-teachers inviting me to stay with her.  I hadn't been to Georgia since I was living there so I thought it was about time I visit.  I was able to find a decently priced ticket so I decided to go.  By chance I bought the ticket so I would be back in Georgia 10 years after I was living there.  The ticket I bought was from Praha to Kutaisi.  I forgot to take into account that Telavi is quite far from Kutaisi.  First I had my flight that was 3.5 hours, then I took a 4 hour bus ride (which turned into 4.5 hours due to the snow and traffic) to Tbilisi.  I decided to spend my first night in the capital and I would make my way to Telavi the next day.  I found accommodation very close to the bus drop off point, dropped off my stuff and headed out for a walk.  It had been 10 years since I was in Georgia and it was crazy that I was able to remember small details about the city.  I was actually able to navigate myself quite easily and saw everything I wanted to see the first night.   

Good-bye Praha
                                                                    Hello Kutaisi!
                                                                        very small airport
   snow!!!

                                                                        Bridge of Peace
President's House in the distance

                                                         randomly remembered this statue


                                                                quarantine travel machine
                                                                    Freedom Square

No comments:

Post a Comment