Translate

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Ruispiri

I was finally able to contact the co-teacher I was closest to during my stay in Georgia and she invited me to visit her house in Ruispiri in the afternoon.  In the morning I went with Lela to the public school she works at.  There was a lot of snow and none of her students in the first class showed up.  I decided to walk back to Lela's house and the weather seemed to get better.  It was so nice to see the blue sky and walk around the city.  The views were much better than what I had seen the days before.  Ana picked me up and drove me to Ruispiri.  We had khinkali for lunch and it was delicious.  After lunch I offered to go with Ana to her lessons.  It was nice to see that she was using a game that I taught her while we were teaching together.  The students loved the game, Simon says.  Some of her students asked if I could stay in the village and teach them or come back in summer to teach them.  I do not think I can live in Georgia again.  I really enjoyed my time 10 years ago, but I am happy living in the Czech Republic right now.  After Ana'a classes we went to another English teacher's house, Keti.  Keti had some nice snacks and we played some games that I donated to the school in Karajala.  We had a nice time. Keti even gave me a beautiful silver necklace, I was so surprised with the gift and really appreciated it.  I am actually wearing it right now as I write this post.  Afterwards I went back to Lela's house and had another lesson.  In the evening I taught Lela and her daughter how to make banana bread and cookies.  It was a nice day.

                                                              nice view from the classroom
                                                                            inside a classroom
                                                   there needs to be a touch up in the classrooms!!
                                                               finally the snow is melting!
                                                                            blue skies!









                                                         faded advertisement for Czech beer
                                                                            Georgia
                                                                                Georgia

                                                             with Ana and some of her students
                                                                            Georgia
                                                                            Georgia   10,210
                                                                                Georgia
                                                          gotta put the glasses on Hello Kitty
                                                                            yummy snacks
                                                                            nice afternoon
                                                                                Georgia
                                                                                    Georgia
                                                                                   Georgia    10,214
                                                                            banana bread
                                                                                  cookies
                                                                    delicious eggplant
                                                                        khachapuri
                                                                        perfect banana bread

No comments:

Post a Comment