Translate

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Tbilisi----->Telavi

In the morning I decided that I wanted to walk to the Mother Georgia statue.  I met with a couchsurfer from South Africa and we made the walk up.  There was quite a bit of snow that fell during the night so it was a bit slippery while walking.  We had to be careful not to fall.  The view from the statue of the city was nice, but because it was still snowing, the visibility was not that great. After the walk I needed to get back to my accommodation to pick up my stuff. In order to get to Telavi from Tbilisi I needed to get to Isani metro station. From there I would be able to take a shared taxi to Telavi.  I had to wait until the shared taxi was full and we were on our way.  Since the snow was quite bad we had to take the long and safe way to Telavi.  That added another 1.5 hours to the journey.  Once in Telavi there was a LOT more snow.  Luckily I checked the weather forecast and saw that it was going to snow all but one day so I was prepared.  I was told that the whole winter was sunny with blue skies, but it started to snow 2 days before I arrived.  I was welcomed with a nice lunch from the family.  It was nice to eat home cooked Georgian food again.  However, I didn't want to just stay in the house so my co-teacher and I went for a walk around the city.  The visibility was really bad, but I guess it was nice to see all the snow because I didn't have a chance to see that much snow in the Czech Republic besides the time I went snowboarding.  We walked around the major sights in the city and stopped in a cafe for a quick snack.





















                                                                            my welcome meal
                                                                        so much snow in Telavi


such bad visibility





                                                      Telavi written in Georgian on the bench


yummy khachapuri











No comments:

Post a Comment