Translate

Thursday, March 17, 2022

St Patty's Day (Tbilisi, Georgia)

When I woke up in the morning and saw that a lot of the snow in the garden had melted I was happy with my decision of leaving Telavi a day earlier.  I saw that in the weather report it was supposed to snow again. I wanted to get to Tbilisi quicker and in a safer way so I decided to escape the snow.  Plus I didn't expect to teach so much on my vacation. I wanted to sight see more than I did, so leaving earlier gave me the chance to do that. The drive to Tbilisi was just under 2 hours, so it gave me a lot of time to sight see around the city.  I finally felt like I was on vacation because I finally didn't have to teach. It was great to walk around the city.  Unfortunately, the battery on my phone died while walking in the city and I couldn't take as many photos as I wanted to.  Luckily my travel brain was on high alert and I was able to navigate and find my accommodation without using google maps and just use my brain.  It probably took me a bit longer to get to the accommodation because I wasn't able to take short cuts that google maps would indicate, but I was still able to find it which was great.  It was St. Patrick's Day and I saw that there was an event on Couchsurfing at an Irish Bar.  I decided to go and met some locals and travelers.  It was a fun night but I left at a decent time. 

finally a bit of snow melted
                                                            driving through the mountains

Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi 


                                                                               St. George
                                                                    inside the church













courtyard where I was staying












                                                                                USA  10,215
                                                                            Belarus
                                              the singer sang "Stolen Dance" by Milky Chance
                                                                                   Turkey
                                                                                    Italy
                                                                                   Turkey
                                                                            Georgia 10,220
                                                           drinking Czech beer in Georgia
                                                                        birthday celebration
                                                                        snowing a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment