Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Radko Gudas #10,500!!!!

Leoš and I were walking around Novy Smichov and he saw a poster in the window of the Under Armour store saying that there would be a meet and greet with Radko Gudas at their Vaclav Namesti shop.  When we saw the poster, I was pretty close to having 10,500 people for my blog so I thought it would be pretty cool to have him be #10,500. It's a nice round number.  I made sure I took enough photos of people so that it would happen.  He is a famous Czech ice hockey player who was one of the top three players for the IIHF (International Ice Hockey Federation) World Championship that was played in Prague earlier this summer.  The Czech team won that tournament (I watched the quarterfinals in the stadium, semifinals in the fan zone and finals in Old Town Square), so it made it even more special to have him wear the glasses. PLUS he plays for "my team" back home, the Anaheim Ducks.  Leoš and I went to watch them play a game last year in December and I actually made a poster for the 2 Czech players on the team, Gudas and Dostal.  Dostal saw my poster at the game.  I made sure that during their warm up I went to the ice so he could see it.  Unfortunately, Gudas was injured for the game and couldn't play.  Therefore he didn't see the sign.  I made sure that during the meet and greet I showed him the picture. He was happy.  I just forgot to tell him that I am from the area.  I wanted to suggest to him that he visit my hometown, Dana Point, and go whale watching with his wife and kids or go fishing.  He was really nice during the meet and greet and I was happy to see that he was smiling in the picture I took with him.  He is quite an aggressive player on the ice, so it was great to see that he was all smiles off the ice.  Thank you Radko Gudas for signing my Ducks t-shirt (omg now I can't wash it.  I wasn't thinking properly, but oh well) and wearing my glasses!!!!  I hope that next time I watch a Ducks game, you'll be there!  Enjoy the rest of your time in CZ before you gotta head back to Anaheim!

                                                                in line for Gudas' autograph
                                                      he came into the store by a side door
                                                         small interview before the signing

                                                           Gudas holding the gold medal
                                                                            in line
                                        nice set up in the corner of the shop for the meet and greet

                                                   Czech Republic  Radko Gudas #10,500!!!!
                                      he got interviewed straight after the photo he took with me

                                                                    he signed my t-shirt

                                         sign I made in December when we went to a Ducks game

No comments:

Post a Comment