Translate

Monday, July 20, 2015

1st day in Bolivia

The border was so cold and the immigration office was in the middle of nowhere.  They didnt have any computers and all they did was stamp the passport and the entrance form.  After immigration we needed to pay in order to enter the national park. We passed by a beautiful laguna that was mostly frozen.  Then we passed laguna verde.  The color of the lagoon was beautiful. Then we went to some hot springs.  I decided not to go in because the wind was too cold.   After that we went to the refuge where we were gonna spend the night.  We had a delicious lunch and we entertained by some kids who lived there.  After that we went to Laguna Colorado. The color of the lagoon was amazing.  It was so red.  Then I went to the other side where there was another lagoon and I found an abandoned flamingo egg.  After the sun went down we went back to the refuge.  That night was the coldest night I have ever had while sleeping.  It was -15C.  My head was pounding like crazy from the altitude.  I actually had to throw up twice that night.  When I woke up I saw ice on the floor.  It was crazy.  Thankfully after breakfast I felt much better.  It was quite an eventful first day of the tour.


immigration office in Bolivia

Chile

Chile

Chile

Chile

the first laguna

playing around on ice

icy icy
Laguna Verde

Italy

Italy

our trusted car

different colors in the mountains

random rocks

hot springs

geysers

Spain    6390

my group

cute kid at the refuge 

house pet

way to dry clothes?

refuge 

people from both cars

the kids performed for us

Bolivia

Laguna Colorado

Bolivia

opposite side

flamingo eggs

sunsetting 

coca leaf tea

England

Netherlands

Peru

Peru

Netherlands 

Bolivia

Ireland 

Brazil    6400

Brazil

Brazil

Brazil

Brazil

Brazil    6405

slept on cement blocks.......-15 at night...soooo cold

No comments:

Post a Comment